If you are applying from a country where your education is not taught in the English language, then you will need to have a suitable English language qualification in order to be able to succeed in your chosen course.
We expect applicants to have passed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the following scores:
- 6.0 with no less than 5.5 for any component
Please note that all IELTS tests are only valid for 2 years from the date of testing, any qualifications that exceed this will not be accepted.
Where Evidence of English Language proficiency is required, we currently accept the following qualifications for admission onto our courses at degree level or above:
- GCSE/O-Level in English from a UK awarding body grade C
- IELTS (Academic) 6.0 for Undergraduate or Postgraduate (no less than 5.5 in any component)
- Irish Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level English Grade C/C3 or above
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level English Grade D/D2 or above
- IGCSE English as a First Language Grade C
- IGCSE English as a Second Language Grade C
- Internet-based TOEFL with an overall score of 80 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- International Baccalaureate of Standard Level grade 5 or Higher Level grade 4 in English
- Cambridge Advanced English Grade C
- Password / IELTS: 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in all components)
- Duolingo: 100 (with a minimum of 90 in all components)