In terms of paying tuition fees, students can either apply for Student Loans through Student Finance England or self-fund directly to the university.
Undergraduate students - Student Finance
Tuition Fee Loans are obtained from Student Finance England and are used to pay the cost of your tuition fees.
You apply for a Tuition Fee Loan through Student Finance England; please refer to the website here to check deadlines and eligibility.
Tuition Fee Loans are paid back after you finish your course and you are earning over £27,295 a year, £2,274 a month or £524 a week (before tax and other deductions).
Students eligible for the Undergraduate Loan can be awarded:
- A loan of up to £9250 to cover the tuition fees for the academic year
- A loan of up to £12,667 to help with living expenses – the amount you can borrow will depend on your family's finances
- Maintenance Loans are obtained from Student Finance England and are available for students to help contribute toward living costs. The amount Student Finance will loan you can depend on certain factors:
- Where you live when you study (at the parental home, away from home in London or elsewhere)
- Your family household income (this is called ‘income assessment’)
For information on eligibility please refer to the government website: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies.
Postgraduate students – Student Loan
The Postgraduate Loan (PGL) is a loan of up to £11,836 for new postgraduate students starting in 2022/23.
For information on eligibility please refer to the government website: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility.
You are able to apply for a PGL on the Student Finance website: www.logon.slc.co.uk.
If you already have an account with Student Finance England from an undergraduate loan you should use your existing login details to apply for the PGL. If you are eligible for the PGL it will be paid into your UK bank account in three equal instalments (part-time students will receive six instalments) for the academic year.
Self-funding and payment
If you are considering or have decided to self-fund your tuition payments please contact our finance/admissions team.