Download Prospectus

Name icon
Email icon
Phone icon

Thank you for your interest.
Your download will begin shortly.


How do I apply for a UoBM programme?

UoBM prefers that applications for our programmes are made by contacting

Am I eligible for Student Finance?

You can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan through Student Finance England; please refer to the website to check deadlines and eligibility.

How do I pay my tuition fees?

Payments can be made online on VLE in ‘My Accounts’. Alternatively, fees can be paid in person by credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard) at the iCentre, or by bank transfer (quote Full Name and University ID in the reference).

When do I receive my Student Finance?

We confirm attendance and registration by submitting an electronic file to the SLC. We do this daily and include all fully enrolled students whose student loan information is available to the University. This ensures that students’ registration and attendance are confirmed automatically and as soon as possible, in most circumstances within 24 hours of the information becoming available. You are a fully registered student once you have attended your first class of teaching; this applies to both new and returning students.

Once the steps above have been completed, tuition fees are paid directly to the university and we apply these to your university account. Your maintenance loan is paid into your nominated bank account. Possible reasons for not receiving payment include: you have not supplied your NI number to the SLC or that you are not fully enrolled at the University.

I’ve attended but have not received my payment within the timeframe, what do I do?

Please email the finance team to see whether your registration has been sent to SLC. If it has been sent, contact SLC 0300 100 0607 to enquire when the payment will be transferred to you.

What is an SSN?

SSN stands for Student Support Number, generated by SLC. This is in addition to the Customer Reference Number (CRN) issued to you; both are separate numbers serving a different purpose. To obtain your personal SSN, you may log online to your Student Finance account and download your entitlement letter under the ‘documents’ tab and then by clicking on ‘entitlement letter’. The SSN will be under a bar code on the payment schedule letter. Alternatively, you may contact SLC directly and the phone operator will be able to provide your SSN.

UoBM must have a record of your SSN in order for your registration to be confirmed.

I’ve applied for childcare fees and have not received them, what do I do?

Please contact the Finance team to enquire whether an attendance confirmation was sent to SLC. If you continue to have issues, contact Student Finance directly as Student Finance may require additional documentation.

What if I changed my programme name during the academic year, how do I notify SLC?

UoBM will submit a change of circumstance notifying them of the change in programme name, you do not need to do anything from your end unless notified by SLC.

SLC is causing delays on my application, what do I do?

UoBM will not be able to do anything to speed up the process as the assessment is carried out at SLC. However, as SLC is a government organisation, you may contact your local MP to acquire further assistance. In addition, you may contact SLC on a regular basis to check the progress of the application and to see if there is anything else they may need from you.

I’ve applied for a Tuition Fee Loan at the start of the programme, do I need to re-apply again in the subsequent academic years?

Yes, you are required to re-apply again each academic year. However, the process is different for a continuing student. You simply log on to your Student Finance account, and click ‘Apply for xx/xx (refers to the academic year)', then follow the on-screen instructions. Please ensure you read and complete the form carefully to prevent further delays. We would advise you to apply as early as possible.

I wish to withdraw from the programme, how will my finance be affected?

Please contact the Finance team for more details. 

What are UoBM’s bank account details?

Bank name: Barclays Bank

Bank address: UK banking, 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP

Bank swift ID: BARCGB22

Account name: LCA Education Limited

Account number: 53874265

Sort code: 20-00-00

Bank IBAN: GB 16 BARC 2000 0053 8742 65

What are the tuition fees?

UK Full-time undergraduate fee: £9,250 per annum

All UoBM programmes are eligible for student finance through Student Finance England.

How will my government-funded benefits be affected by becoming a student?

The following benefits will be reduced if you are studying full-time:

  • Universal credit
  • Housing benefit
  • Income support
  • Jobseekers allowance
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Carer’s allowance


What support can I get if I have a disability or long term illness?

In accordance with our duties under the Equality Act, we provide reasonable adjustments that meet the needs of disabled students; remove or minimise disadvantages otherwise resulting from the disability; and encourage students to participate in University life and succeed in their studies.

In order to correctly assess your needs and to put in place appropriate adjustments, our University requires appropriate supporting evidence of the impact of your disability.

How do I apply for Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)?

Step 1:

Go to:

Step 2:

Select the ‘how to apply’ tab. If you are a full time student you can choose whether you apply online or with the paper form.

Step 3:

If you decide to apply online you will need to login to your student finance account. Or if you decide to apply using the paper form you will need to download this by clicking on ‘DSA paper application form’

If you haven’t applied for student finance yet, or you are a part-time or postgraduate student you will need to complete the DSA1 form.

If you have already applied for student finance but not for DSA then you will need to complete the DSA slim form.

Please note that you will need to send evidence of your disability to the Student Loans Company when you apply for DSA. You may also be required to have a study needs assessment to determine the support that you require.

If you have any questions regarding this you can contact the Welfare Team 

How do I contact the Welfare Team?

You can request a meeting with the Welfare Team at the Information Centre.

Timetable and Learning Platforms

Where can I access my timetable?

You can view your timetable by clicking on the 'My Timetable' tab on the VLE. 

I want to change my programme. What should I do?

You will be required to complete a Change of Programme Form which can be found on the Services tab on the VLE. Please note that you will also need to write a personal statement explaining the reason(s) for wishing to change your programme. Change of programme requests are constrained by what is permissible in the Academic Regulations.

What is VLE and how do I use it?

You can find our VLE guide here.

I can’t log into VLE, what should I do?

If you are having trouble logging into VLE, please contact the Learning Resources team by emailing us.

How do I register my student email?

Follow our guide here. 


Are there printing/photocopying facilities available at UOBM?

Students can top up their Attendance Card in order to use the printing/photocopying facilities available at UoBM. Printing/Photocopying costs 0.05p per sheet with a minimum top up of £2.00. Scanning is free of charge and will be sent as a PDF file to your registered e-mail address.


I am having trouble logging into Turnitin. What should I do?

If you are having trouble logging in to your Turnitin account, you can follow these steps:

  1. Click on ‘reset password’
  2. Enter your email address and your last name or ID Number (which is on your Student ID card).

Please note that all students should have been issued their log in details. If a module does not appear in your Turnitin account, please email us stating your ID number and the module that is missing. 

The Board of Examiners has decided that I am required to be discontinued with immediate effect. What does this mean?

To be withdrawn from the programme with immediate effect means that you have not passed enough credits during the year and therefore cannot be allowed to progress to the next stage of study or to graduate. This means that you are not being allowed any further reassessment opportunities and that you have failed the programme. We will inform you as to whether you are still eligible for an exit award such as a Diploma or Certificate of Higher Education, or PG Diploma or Certificate.

You can contact a Student Advisor if you need further advice or support as to what you can do once you have been withdrawn.

I want to know when my Transcripts and Certificates are ready for collection.

A notification of when your Transcripts and Certificates are ready to be collected will be emailed to you. If you require a certificate to be sent to an overseas address you must make this request via email to the icentre. You will then be requested to send your address and make the payment via the “VLE” online payment method. Please note that transcripts take approximately 1 month to arrive after the Awards Board has published results and certificates up to 2 months after transcripts have been issued.

Where and how do I submit my assignments?

Assignments must be submitted on the day of the deadline by 2pm online on Turnitin (electronic copy) to the correct module element class link.

If you have any difficulties uploading your work to Turnitin, please ensure that you are following the Turnitin Submission Guide correctly and if you experience further issues please contact the icentre. 

I'm having personal problems and I cannot complete my assessment?

If you are facing personal circumstances that you believe are affecting your ability to complete your work then you can seek advice from our Student Advisers at the Information Centre. All Information Centre staff are Student Advisers and they will be able to detail your options.

I want to get in contact with someone about my results, how should I go about this?

For feedback on your assignments, you will need to refer to the feedback located on your Turnitin. For exam feedback, please email the icentre.


How do I know if my attendance has been recorded?

Registering your attendance for on-campus learning is completed through our VLE system. Simply click on the module tile, select ‘in-class attendance’, then you just need to click on the link to confirm your attendance.

Please note your attendance will be updated ONLY If you click the link on the day of your lesson between the times shown below whilst physically attending the lesson in the classroom:

AM Sessions: between 09:55 – 10:30.

PM Sessions: between 13:55 – 14:30.

(If you join your class after 10:30/14:30, your attendance will not be recorded and you will be marked as absent).

You are expected to join your university classes on time, so please consider any transportation or internet issues. If you join your class more than 30 minutes after the session begins, you will be recorded as absent. You may be required to meet with your Personal Tutor or Course Leader to discuss your attendance or punctuality. Find our helpful attendance video here.

Student Benefits

What do I do if I need an academic reference letter?

It is not compulsory for a lecturer to provide a student with a reference and this will be at their discretion. A reference can be requested by sending the lecturer an e-mail. 

Alternatively, a general reference letter can be requested by sending an e-mail to the icentre.

How do I request a letter?

You will need to apply for a letter via VLE by clicking on the 'My Letter Requests' tab. You will then have the option to choose the appropriate letter from the list provided.

Letters will be posted by second class post unless you specify that you wish to collect the letter from the Information Centre in the Additional Details box.

This site uses cookies, if you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies. Click here to learn more about cookies.